Optical to Analog Audio Decoder for Widex TV-DEX
The Optical to Analog Audio Converter (DAC) with Dolby® Digital Decoder provides the ideal solution for converting an optical digital audio signal to analog stereo audio.
With audio sampling rate support up to 48 kHz (Dolby Digital)/96 kHz (LPCM) and I/O data rate support up to 24-bit, it provides high quality sound conversion.
The Dolby Digital Decoder function guarantees that Dolby digital audio signals are downmixed to analog stereo without loss of quality. This unit is perfect for use in conjunction with the Widex TV-DEX where the television does not offer red & white RCA output connections, only a digital optical output connection.
The Dolby Digital Decoder can be powered from any spare USB port allowing it to be used with USB equipped HDTVs, Blu-ray players or computers without the need for a separate power supply.
Its compact, elegant design makes it easy to install. Supplied with Toslink cable, USB cable and AS/NZ power plug.
- Supports optical digital audio signal input and conversion into analog audio signal L/R output
- Supports uncompressed digital LPCM stereo or Dolby Digital 5.1CH audio inputs
- Supports LPCM 2CH audio sampling rates from 32 to 96 kHz (32, 44.1, 48, 88.2 and 96 kHz)
- Supports Dolby Digital 5.1CH audio sampling rates of 48 kHz
- Supports Dolby Digital audio downmixing to 2-channel audio
- Supports S/PDIF bitstream 24-bit of data for the left and right channels
- Compact, elegant design and easy to install