All I have to say is WOW, just WOW!!
As you know, I’ve had the UERM’s since Wednesday afternoon and I’ve probably had them in my ears for around 20 hours total so far………..all I have to say is WOW, just WOW!!
You can certainly tell where the extra cash goes when you listen to something like this!!
My thoughts so far:-
• Very clear, analytical and detailed music reproduction. The step up from my current earphones is a quantum leap
• Very wide soundstage – almost as wide as a full set of over the head Phones. I have the AKG 701’s and these stomp all over them. That could be the amp I have, but it’s like a veil has been lifted off the music with the UE’s.
• The separation of the individual instruments is very impressive and I am hearing things in my music I haven’t heard before which is kind of scary!! (in a good way).
• I would describe the “sound signature” as Bright, Crisp, Snappy and incredibly detailed.
• These things are brutal on poorly recorded music, like the Tom Petty album we discussed, but they really shine when you have a fantastic album to listen to that has been recorded and mastered with the listener in mind…..Dire Straits albums, The Cowboy Junkies, Eric Clapton “unplugged” sound fantastic – almost like it’s being played in front of you!!
• I have been listening from both the iPod phone jack and through a small portable headphone amp that I have – http://www.fiio.com.cn/product/index.aspx?ID=24&MenuID=020301 I prefer the Amp as it tends to warm the sound a bit more and you have more fine control over the volume through the amp, then you do with the iPod.
OK – that is all so far. I will keep on working through a selection of music I have here and perhaps write you back if I have anything more to reveal about these “Bad Boys”
Once again – thanks so much for your very professional attitude towards this very fine product. I was very impressed with the entire process and have absolutely no regrets about my purchase.
I know you wanted negative comments as well as positive. I have nothing negative to say what so ever!! 5 Stars.
Thanks and kind regards,
Steve from Auckland